The jobs in this week’s list range wide in their requirements; while some require only natural skills, such as the organisational skills needed to be a closet organiser, or the brawn needed to muss up someone trying to steal your client’s car in Brazil (or South Africa – check out the comments on last week’s post), others require proof of one’s trustworthiness, such as the Crown Jeweller or the Cup Keeper, and some require specific training such as the re-enactor (besides being knowledgeable about the era they portray and its clothing, etc., they need to be physically fit to wield a sword for hours on end – even minutes on end!). To be a crime scene cleaner, at least for violent crimes, I think one would need nerves of steel and a good therapist…
Of all the jobs on this list, I think the only one I’d really like is being a closet organiser; I actually did that once: A family hired me to help sort out their cupboards; they literally could not find anything, and no wonder… dishes were stuffed in with board games and bedding, towels were on the out-of-reach top shelf of a hall closet far from the bathrooms while the other shelves were stuffed with candles, plant pots and other bedding, and their bedroom closets held more dishes, crafts supplies, books and even clothing. I’d never seen such chaos, and it was a good project to sink my organisational “teeth” into!
- Chicken Sexer: Determines the sex of a chick, relying heavily on intuition. Usually hired by commercial hatcheries, these professionals (who are more common in the UK and Japan) make up to $60,000 a year.
- Chief Listening Officer: Monitors a brand’s presence across social media platforms.
- Civil War Battlefield Re-enactor : This category could be expanded to any kind of re-enactor – Viking, British, Renaissance, Medieval, etc.
- Closet Organizer
- Colour Expert / Wardrobe Stylist
- Crack Filler: Using a silicone sealant, they repair the wear and tear inflicted on monumental structures, like Mount Rushmore. The job description also includes repairs to blacktop, asphalt driveways and sidewalks, etc.
- Crime Scene Cleaner
- Crown Jeweller
- Cruise Ship Entertainer
- Cuidacarros (Brazil): Hire these guys to watch your car when you’re gone and beat up anybody trying to steal it.
- Cup Keeper: Paid to babysit expensive trophy cups, such as the Stanley Cup, as they travel.